The Jynneos vaccine is for preventative use only and is a two-dose vaccine that is administered 28 days apart and has been approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration for safe and effective monkeypox prevention.
We are working with healthcare systems to expand the locations of vaccines to their members and patients, while ensuring an equitable distribution to people who are uninsured, disconnected from care, or are from underserved communities.
While there is currently adequate vaccine supply, vaccine providers can offer vaccine to any patients who MAY be at risk. Persons who request vaccination should receive it without having to attest to specific risk factors. For complete guidelines, visit California Department of Public Health (CDPH) expanded vaccination recommendations for those seeking protection from Monkeypox (MPX) infection (11/15/2022).
As of 9/30/2022, Santa Cruz County residents are eligible for 1st and 2nd doses of Jynneos vaccine if they meet at least one of the risk criteria below:
- Gay or bisexual men, or any man or trans person who has sex with men or trans people
- Sex workers of any sexual orientation or gender identity
- Persons of any age and any gender who feel they are at risk of coming in close contact with someone in the future with suspected or confirmed MPX
- Persons who had close contact with others at a venue or event or within a social group within the past 14 days where a suspected or confirmed MPX case was identified. This includes persons who received notice from a venue or event of a potential exposure within the past 14 days
- Laboratory workers who routinely perform MPX virus testing
- Clinicians who have had, or may have in the future, an occupational exposure (e.g., examined MPX lesions or collected MPX specimens without using recommended personal protective equipment)
How to Access Vaccine
Public Health is working closely with health care partners to offer the Jynneos vaccine.
Contact your healthcare provider to find out if you’re eligible to receive the Jynneos vaccine and schedule an appointment. If you’re uninsured and need support finding a Jynneos vaccine appointment, please email email@example.com.
For Sutter/PAMF patients only:
Eligible patients can schedule a vaccine appointment by calling (833) 437-1830, Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm. Appointment availability remains limited due to supply. Additional appointments will open as vaccine supply increases. For additional information and updates, patients may visit the Sutter Health MPX Webpage. If you are eligible and unable to get an appointment, please call your healthcare provider.