HELPING FIRST-TIME PARENTS SUCCEED
What is the Nurse-Family Partnership® Program?
Santa Cruz County Nurse-Family Partnership® (NFP) is an evidence-based program to help new mothers develop skills to take better care of themselves and their babies. More information can be found at www.nursefamilypartnership.org.
What services will I receive?
You will have your own specially trained Public Health Nurse who will visit you in your home (or a place that you both agree) during pregnancy and throughout the first two years of your child’s life.
How do I qualify for the program?
- Expecting to deliver and parent for the first time.
- Less than 28 weeks pregnant.
- Have a low to moderate income and eligible for Medi-Cal or Emergency Medi-Cal.
- Living in Santa Cruz County
Please do not assume you are ineligible. Call us to find out!
It is a VOLUNTARY program.
You will learn information and develop skills that will help you take better care of yourself and your baby.
This program will help you learn:
- What to do during your pregnancy and child birth
- How to care for your baby as he/she grows
- How to obtain WIC, housing, school, work, child care, and more
- How to work with your doctors, nurses, and other medical providers
- All immunization and nutrition needs
- How to live a healthy life with your baby
Your personal home-visiting nurse will provide:
- Regular in-person visits
- Nursing assessments for you and your child
- Education and hands-on teaching
- Linkage to services
- Mentorship and support
Santa Cruz NFP is supported by the County of Santa Cruz Health Services Agency, Central California Alliance for Health, Kaiser Permanente, Dominican Hospital, Sutter Maternity and Surgery Center, Watsonville Hospital, First 5 Santa Cruz, and Santa Cruz Community Foundation.
The Nurse-Family Partnership® program is located within the Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency – Public Health Division.
If you are pregnant and interested in the program, please contact us by phone, email, text, or by completing a referral form and faxing it to the number below. Services are also available in Spanish.
1060 Emeline Ave.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Phone: (831) 454-4339
Text: (831) 566-3592
Fax: (831) 454-3311